We at StudioINC Academy of Dance are dedicated to giving you the professional atmosphere you expect from a studio. Please read our studio policies as we expect our students to adhere to them at all times.
- For the student’s safety, no one is allowed in any studio without a teacher present, without permission
- No food, drink or gum in the classrooms. Only water is allowed.
- No running or horseplay anywhere in the building.
- No street shoes on the dance floors.
- Parents must notify the studio if their child will not be attending class.
- Arrive on time, or a bit early, and prepared for classes. Please allow a few minutes for your child to adjust from their previous activity to the dance studio. We respect that everyone has a schedule. Please respect ours. Older dancers should arrive early enough to allow themselves to warm up their muscles prior to class start.
- Missed lessons should be made up in a same or lower level class. (Unless otherwise specified, on an individual basis.) Classes do not have to be made up in the same style of dance if one is not available. Experimentation is encouraged. Contact the office when making up a class.
- There will be a $25 fee on all returned checks.
General Student Expectations
Students show respect for themselves and others by being dressed appropriately for class, such as:
- No jewelry, other than small earrings
- Student’s hair is to be pulled up off the neck.
Students show respect for others by:
- Keeping their hands to themselves during class
- Waiting quietly for others to have a turn
- Waiting until the music is finished before entering the classroom if they are late to class.
- Not borrowing items, cash or other valuables without permission from the owner of the item(s).
Dancers show respect for the studio by
- Not bringing gum, drinks other than water, or food into the classrooms
- Never hanging on the barres
- Putting trash in the proper places
- Putting away books and magazines when they are finished with them
- Not wearing street shoes on the dance floor
- NEVER touching or hitting the mirrors — a very important safety issue.
General Expectations of Parents
Parents show respect for the dance class, teacher, and studio by:
- Knocking before entering the classroom if a class is in progress.
- Standing away from the observation window if it becomes obvious that students are being distracted.
- Picking students up promptly after class
- Not wearing street shoes on the dance floor.
- Making appointments to meet with the teacher if a particular conversation is expected to exceed more than a few minutes.
- Please give your child the space and freedom to explore dance on his/her own.
Combo– The combo classes require leotard and tights. Pink ballet shoes and black tap shoes are required.
Ballet – Black leotards are required for level 4 and 5. Level 3 and under a solid color leotard is required. Ballet pink or theatrical pink tights are required and pink ballet shoes. T-shirts and other cover-ups are not allowed. Tube socks are not allowed. Shorts are not allowed. A sweater may be worn at the beginning of class to warm-up in during the cold winter months.
Tap, Jazz, Lyrical, Pre-Dance, & All Other – dancewear such as leotards, tights, sweatpants, and skirts. Street clothes and/or baggy clothes are NOT permitted. A cover-up should be worn entering and leaving the studio no matter what the season or weather. Never wear dance shoes outside.
Hip-Hop – Baggy clothes are permitted in this class. Absolutely no jeans!
Black tights, non-baggy shorts, or sweat pants, white or black ballet shoes, white socks, T-shirt.
If you have further questions, please direct them to any staff member working in the office.
Release of Liability
As the legal parent or guardian, I release and hold harmless StudioINC Academy of Dance, its owners and operators from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by the participant and/or the undersigned, while in or upon the premises or any premises under the control and supervision of StudioINC Academy of Dance, its owners and operators or in route to or from any of said premises.
The undersigned gives permission to StudioINC Academy of Dance, its owners and operators to seek medical treatment for the participant in the event they are not able to reach a parent or guardian. I hereby declare any physical/mental problems, restrictions, or condition and/or declare the participant to be in good physical and mental health.
Tuition is due by the first of each month. If accounts are paid after the 5 th of the month, there will be a $15.00 late fee applied to the account balance. There is a $35.00 returned check charge for any check returned by the bank. Any account that is 2 months past due will be cancelled and that student will no longer have a spot in their classes. In this event, if a student wishes to return to dance, they must pay off their balance and all late fees. If a financial problem occurs, please contact us personally so we may work together to figure out a solution.
Acknowledgement of Understanding
The Participant and Parent(s) or Guardian(s) have read this waiver of liability and indemnification agreement and fully understand its terms. The Parent(s) or Guardian(s) understand that Participant is giving up substantial rights, including the right to compensation for injury resulting from ordinary negligence. The Participant and Parent(s) or Guardian(s) acknowledge that you are acknowledging the agreement freely and voluntarily, and intend your reading of this disclaimer to be a complete and unconditional release of liability to the greatest extent allowed by law in the State of Nevada. In acknowledging this waiver of liability as Parent or Guardian, you agree that you are consenting to the Participant’s participation at StudioINC Academy of Dance and acknowledge that you agree that any and all risks, including that of ordinary negligence, whether known or unknown, are expressly assumed by the Participant and Parent or Guardian and all claims, whether known or unknown, are expressly waived in advance.